Tuesday, April 7, 2009
BBC Drama Addiction!
I recently discovered the magic of checking out movies from the Library. I cannot believe I ever survived with out it. It has led me to discover the wonderful world of BBC Drama. American cinema cannot touch these movies/mini series. It is a world full of passion, romance, fashion, and, best of all, funny old ladies. I would highly recommend "Cranford" to any of my Jane Austen loving peers. It is absolutely Fabulous! You'll laugh, you'll cry, you will fall inlove with Cranford. Wives and Daughters is also a little gem. Very dramatic, just how I like it. So if you love a good drama, try the BBC variety. You will not be disapointed, unless you are a man. They usually don't like female drama. I wonder why:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yeah Sarah posted! I will definitely have to check that out. Our library in Benson doesn't have too much, so I have to request it from other libraries, which usually takes a while, but i bet it would be worth it! :)
Cranford was AWESOME! I have another one for you that I just recently watched "Bleak House." It is a Dickens novel and the screenplay is by the same man who did the screenplays for all of the BBC Jane Austens that we love. Be sure it is the new one there is an older version too.
Some of my best friends are men...but I wouldn't want Dan to marry one.
Post a Comment