Well, here we are in VA! It is very different here:) I have never seen so much green in my life. Humidity is not my favorite so far, but I don't need lotion anymore, which is good:) Church was really great. People are so friendly here. This nice young couple invited us over for dinner and we are really looking forward to that. I got homesick our first day here and wanted to go home so badly. I felt alone and I missed my family so much. Reese was so helpful and made me feel a little better. That night I prayed to feel better and feel at home here. It is amazing to me what a comfort the Holy Ghost can be. I could feel my Heavenly Father's love and concern for me. I do miss my family and friends a lot, but I know that I am not alone. Reese has said that this adventure is kind of like my "mission" experience and I agree. It's called growing pains for a reason:)
I am super excited about going to this theme park in Richmond. It has the biggest drop ride in North America! I can't wait! Reese said he will go with me and try to be a good sport:) He doesn't exactly love theme parks. What a good husband he is:) Going to DC will be very fun and interesting as well. All and all, I know we are going to have a good time here:)
5 comments:
Yeah a new post about your new adventure!! I was hoping you would keep us updated through your blog! Parkin was at Grandmas house last night saying "where's Sarah?" We miss you, but know you are going to have some awesome experiences that you wouldn't have otherwise. Keep the posts coming!
I am so glad you guys made it there safely. It was awesome to see you both. I know you'll both do great in your new adventure!
I'm excited to hear about all of your adventures in Virginia; we can now live vicariously through you. :) Homesickness is hard, but soon it will be a dull ache and only extremely noticable around holidays. You guys are going to have a great time there!
I am glad you didn't camp along side that river in Arkansas. That would have been not so good! A dinner invite your first day at your new ward, sweeeeeet.
Sarah- no wonder you've already had a dinner invite- people love you everywhere you go! I am jealous of those people that get to hang out with you, but excited that you have a blog so I can know what is going on in your life! You are so fabulous that I know you'll be happy and find joy in the journey wherever you are. Luvs for life friend!
Post a Comment