Sunday, October 19, 2008

8 Random Things

1. Any time I look in the mirror I have to look at my butt. It's not so much that I like to look at my derriere, but that I want to make sure it doesn't look like a total disaster. Butts can get out of control very easily. Or at least mine can.

2. I often fantasize about quiting my job and working at Disneyland. In said fantasy, I get to be Bell (dressed in a modest version of her boob-a-rific gown) and be in those little shows they put on. That must be the best job ever! I bet nobody yells at Bell because she won't cash their check.

3. I love singing in a choir, but I despise choir girls. They are the most stuck up people ever! "I can hit that C in my sleep" I'm sure you can, anything can happen in dreams. "I sang with Josh Groban once and he said I was really talented" vomit! Josh Groban! Pa-lease! He is not going around listening to wanna be divas in community college choirs. Most of them need a big reality check!

4. If I have to read out loud, like at church, I pretend to cough if I think I'm gonna stumble on a word. This way I don't look like an idiot, but if I do it too much people think I'm sick.

5. I am sometimes tempted to ask people if I can give them a make over. I don't ever do it, I think they would be a little insulted, I know I would be. I mostly get this urge at institute. These poor girls would look a million times better if they just knew how to properly dress and groom themselves. NewBalance tennis shoes with a dress top is NEVER attractive or acceptable for any occasion.

6. Once I used a stick and a half of butter in a pasta I made for Reese and I. I knew Reese wouldn't eat it if he knew there was butter in it, so I lied and said it was just olive oil like we always eat. He loved it and after it was all gone I confessed that I used butter. He didn't rave about so much after that:)

7. I have an irrational fear of going over railroad tracks. I try to avoid them at all costs and if I do have to go over them, I look both ways, hold my breath, and say a prayer. I hope this tactic continues to work for me.

8. I cannot stand "Howe" jokes. I am so glad I won't have to hear "Sarah Howe ya doin'? haha get it?! Howe ya doin! ha ha bet ya never heard that before!" actually, I think I have heard that joke over a billion times. I will take "Like Harry Potter?" over that anyday:)

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Loved the random facts! You are too fun, I just love you! I wonder if some of the girls from the institute would really appreciate a makeover, I know I could use one :) I can't spell, so sometimes I have really bad handwriting to make it look like its just bad handwriting not wrong spelling, love the coughing technique :)

Jeremy said...

Yeah, you got watch out for those college choir divas. When I was in Oklahoma getting my BA in music there weren't enough light bulb sockets in the building for all the wannabe divas to have the world revolve around them; so, as you can imagine, it got real ugly. My choir director slyly stirred the pot, just for the entertainment value. He was the puppet master. Now, at the school here, the tenors have taken over the diva roles. Yikes!

Linda said...

Butts can get out of control! How true, how true. I used to want to be Cinderella in the light parade at night at Disneyworld so I sympathize. Mostly it was because the dress lights up and we all know how much I love my bling. Couldn't get away with a light-up dress at church, could I? :-)Fantastic post.