Tucson is really the only home I have ever known. I moved there right before my 5th birthday and left a bit before my 24th birthday. I have done all my schooling (you can tell by the spelling errors), learned how to drive, and met the man of my dreams in Tucson. I love Tucson! And absence has made my heart grow fonder. Let me count the ways:
1. Mountains everywhere! They are great for figuring out what direction you are going and they are sooooo beautiful.
2. Real Mexican food. Some sort of Mexican yumminess on every corner! Sanoran Hot Dog carts all over the place, its like heaven!
3. Libraries galore! Tucson has a million libraries! They pretty much have any book you would ever want to read + they give you three whole weeks with your borrowed entertainment. what a blessing!
4. Sunflower Market. Need I say more? The best produce, so cheap! Natural things that my hubby will eat without saying it's like eating cancer.
5. The smell of rain. Tucson rain has the most magical smell thanks to the creosote. I love a nice jog while inhaling that wonderfulness.
6. Shopping malls! There are 3 great malls! Two of which have forever 21! the best store! Gap, banana republic, love culture, old navy,and so many more.
7. Multiple movie theaters! cheap seats, park mall cinemark, el con cinamark, Harkins, the loft(okay, so the loft is weird, but still), and even more! plus, $5 first showing! Amazing!
8. Targets!!!!!!!! There are 3 on Broadway alone! What a city! You can't go anywhere without passing at least one. No matter where you live in Tucson, you are always minutes away from a terrific Target.
9. 92.9 the mountain. What a station! They play clean, awesome music. What a rare thing that is these days! plus, they sponsor studio C which brings in all kinds of amazing musicians.
10. The Howe Family Headquarters! Treat closet, delicious left overs, a tv in every room, ice cream in the freezer, homemade yumminess, mom, dad, brothers, sisters, nieces, nefews, mia, fun and crazy times to be had, etc. Nothing compares to this. Even if I lived in a mansion on the beach with a target and a mall next store with free sanoran hot dogs, it would even come close to how much I love Howe HQ. I miss being in that home more than anything. I miss my family more than I can even say.
So people may say Tucson is just alright, but I say it's heaven on earth. Who care's if the schools are falling apart and don't teach kids how to spel (case and point). It is a beautiful place with a lot of culture and great people. All it really needs is a Temple:) I can't wait to be back in that wonderful part of the world!
5 comments:
Reading this made me teary eyed for Tucson. The trees here in Alabama are so pretty but what I would love to see the mountains. Its hard to know where you are going when you are completely surrounded by trees.
Oh Tucson misses you (and Suzie) so much!! We miss seeing your fashionista self, you bring style to the family. Can't wait to see you in October! When I am wondering why I am never allowed to leave this place, I will refer back to this post and count my blessings.
I noticed the Treat Closet got top billing. Good choice. I hear complaints about Tucson all the time from the itinerant pilots I deal with. I just smile,point out the window and say, "Take a good look." "That's sunshine." "It happens every day here."
Sarah, you are that sunshine in my life.
Sarah you are the cutest girl ever. I love you. And Sonoran hot dogs. In fact, there is a stand within walking distance of my house. Maybe when you come in October we can go. I know Phoenix is not quite as cool, but maybe u could make an exception. :) hang in there lady-can't wait to see you soon!
Post a Comment